Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hattie Lee Ellerbe

I feel so rich! I tell my children that they are my jewels. They make me wealthy - all I need is a little bit of money (smile). They really make my life complete.

Besides my children, grands, great grands and one great-great grand, I have many nephews who outnumber my nieces. Out of the five girls born to my parents, we each had one daughter. We had no brothers; they had no sisters.

The game of “suspense” played by family members – Who is Aunt Hattie’s Favorite. As I hug each one at family gatherings, I whisper to them quite confidentially, “You know you are my favorite.” Over the years they have come to know – they are all my favorites.

I am also the family clown or comedian. God gave me a good sense of humor. I love to be around happy people. It is impossible to be happy all of the time, but happy times are the best memories of my life.

Dear Hattie Lee Ellerbe,

I understand the feeling of having very important people in my life. For example my mother is very special to me. She is worth more than any of all the riches in the world. I only have one older brother and two older sisters alive, and I have so many nieces and nephews. I thought maybe I didn't need any kids in my life. I've never heard of the game “suspense,” but it sounds interesting. I am the baby of my family. I thank my family who think of me as the “brilliant star” because I am very serious about school. And thats just a little response of me and my life maybe and hopefully I will be able to respond to another one of your stories. I really enjoyed it.

Sincerely,

Jasmine Tyler