Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bernice Moore
3/25/2010
High School Dances and Boys

Going to high school was fun. The boys were very nice, but some were mean. They wanted to fight all the time. Some boys would walk you home and were very nice.

Sometimes they had school plays and the boys were good actors, and one of them walked me home. But somehow I got into a fight. My father did not like it. Somehow I got a black eye and could not see my way, but all he could see was the boy with me. In those days, they did not go for it.

I was in a fight with a girl who was in school with me. It was fun talking about the days we were in school, and to see some of my school mates. I also saw one of my 4th grade teachers not long ago. (I bumped into him at the mall. He said, “Bernice?” I said, “I am 76 years old. How old are you?” He said he was 90 years old.) He was a lot older, his name was Mr. Johnson. I was glad to see him.


Latoya Leatherbury
9/15/10

I really enjoyed myself reading your story because in the twenty-first century it is pretty much the same. The boys are actors. Some days they walk us home but other times they let us walk home by are self. And thats kinda funny. So I really haven't had the privilege to see my fourth grade teacher because my life is basically being a city hopper. And with that said I really love your story


Latoya Leatherbury