Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hattie Lee Ellerbe
April 15, 2010
High School Days

My high school days were some of my best days. I was mostly involved in Student Government, following in the footsteps of my older sister, Dorothy Lee. She was president of the Student Association when she graduated. I made it up to Vice President and had the respect of my fellow students but more importantly their friendship.

These were fun days. My teachers were role models and were very influential in my future. I loved school and never missed a day. I was cited for perfect attendance for 12 years. If I stayed at home, I would have had to do chores. There was a method to my madness.

The teacher who had the most influence in my life was “Mrs. Hayre” my 9th grade advisor and English teacher. She later became Dr. Ruth Wright Hayre, Superintendent of School District 5. She was a beautiful mentor.


Dear hattie lee Ellerbe,

hello my name is Jacquaya and reading your story made me think about how school is for me. I love school too. Also my teachers are role models and I look up to them. I am in the tenth grade and I am very smart. I think It was so great you was vice president of the student association and that you look up to your sister. I also never have missed a day in school unless I have a doctors appointment. I think it was so nice reading your story. And I hope to talk to you soon and/or write back to you.

your friend,
Jacquaya Rondolph